Accountability

I have the best mother-in-law in the world.  I love this woman SO much!  She is a huge inspiration to me and I feel so blessed to have her in my life.  I hear all these horror stories about crazy mother-in-laws but I was lucky enough to get one of the good ones.  She is not only family but quickly becoming one of my best friends even though she lives over 8 hours away from me.  She has breast cancer for the second time and seeing what all she has been through and is going through with such grace and faith is so inspiring.  I want to be her when I grow up. :)

Me and my mother-in-law getting ready for the wedding.
Not the best picture but its the first one of just the two of us and I
will always treasure it. :)

She found out she had cancer a few months after my hysterectomy.  Up to that point we both had been losing weight and feeling awesome.  As you all know my hysterectomy has made me gain almost 40lbs and the chemo has made her gain quite a bit as well.

Her and my niece came to stay with us a few weeks at the beginning of the summer and we talked a lot about how we are ready to change but how life can get in the way.  We talked about how our faith is growing and wanting the Lords will for our lives.  I cried when they left.  It was so great to have someone so positive around the house.  It was refreshing to have a different perspective on things.  It was amazing to watch someone that is dealing with cancer have so much zest for life even after getting a raw deal.

We have been calling and texting a lot more since they left so I wasn't very surprised when she texted me early last week.  What she said to me stuck with me that entire day...

Are you ready to be held accountable?


During our many lengthly discussions we had talked a lot about me being scared.  How I have lived so much of my life in fear.  How I have let that fear stop me from doing so many amazing things in my life and how that fear had fueled a lot of very bad decisions.  I told her I am tired of fear and I am ready to step out in faith.  I am ready to not be afraid of failing.  Knowing my mother-in-law is there watching what I do on MyFitnessPal and when she calls me at 5:30am to get up and work out is a big time motivator.

Pinterest

We are starting out slow.  Last week it was two mornings and this week our goal is three mornings at least 20 minutes and tracking our food.  We both bombed this weekend which I think is so funny but we are both back on track today.  It really makes a difference knowing you have someone that not only has your back but is on this journey with you.


No comments

Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

Back to Top