'Tis the Season To Be Healthy?

Happy Black Friday!!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I spent my entire day with family and it was amazing.

My grandparents were able to drive up and see everyone and seeing my grandmother broke my heart.  You can tell how the strokes have aged her.  I told my dad I'm so scared this is the last Thanksgiving with her and he told me he felt the same. :(

Me and my cousin, Tommy
Now that Thanksgiving, and my super sugar binge, is over its time to get back on track!  I have been feeling a bit better this last week but work has been so overwhelming its been hard for me to stay on track as far as eating.  I don't know about you guys but food has always been my problem.  I love smoothies and fresh juices but my juicer is a centrifugal juicer so you need to drink the juice soon after you make it.  I am saving to get a masticating juicer which allows you to juice and have some time before you drink it but good gosh are those buggers expensive!  Thus began a search for a cheaper alternative.

Photo Credit
Hello Nutribullet and thank you Kohl's cash and whomever gave me a Kohl's gift card for a wedding present for making this purchase possible. ;)

I've had a Magic Bullet in the past and used it so much that I blew the motor out.  I have a Ninja blender but I was wanting something I could take with me to work so I could make smoothies there and that Ninja base isn't going anywhere but my kitchen counter.  So my amazing, super analytical husband did some research and found the Nutribullet was probably going to be my best bet.  After a freezing cold trip to Kohl's I came home with this baby.

I made me a kale and apple smoothie for breakfast yesterday and all I can say is...YUM!!!  Awesome purchase and so worth the moolah in my opinion.  I'm about to make my son a carrot and apple smoothie so he can see it in action and get a healthy breakfast at the same time.

I really want to start the holiday season on the right foot and I am SO ready to get this nasty, disgusting flab off my body.  Since I've gotten married I've gained 30lbs.  I blame marital bliss and the hysterectomy but I am so tired of excuses.  I am ready to claim my body back and hopefully having this little gadget is going to get me one step closer.

I hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving and if any of you are crazy enough to go out today please be safe.  People get crazy this time of year, am I right???

Hahaha!!!  Truth...

No comments

Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

Back to Top