Cowboys & Romans

I have been a Dallas Cowboys fan since the womb.  I have baby pictures of me in a onesie with a Dallas star right in the middle.  I remember Sundays with a lot of cheering and yelling.  It's all apart of being a true Cowboy fan: you take the good with the bad.  This season we've been taking the bad with the worse but still...you get what I mean. ;)

Photo Credit
Right now the Cowboys are taking on the Giants.  I actually don't hate the Giants so if we lose today (which most likely we will) it won't sting as bad as if they were playing say the Packers (the team I most detest in the NFL).

Photo Credit
Here is an action shot of my man #82.  Love you Jason!!! xoxo

Switching gears here...
 Did you know that my name Christi means "follower of Christ"?
Photo Credit
I haven't talked much about my faith on the blog yet.  Mostly because these past few months have been a very emotional struggle for me and when I get that way I don't like to talk about much of anything.  You know how you go through times when you really feel close to the Lord and other times He seems so far away and anything you do, including praying, is a struggle?  That's been me since the surgery.

Yesterday I found one of the Bible studies I bought before the surgery in hopes that I would have a ton of time to get into God's Word.  I did have the time but my spirit wasn't in it.  It is now.


If you haven't guessed yet I am a Christian, a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ.  For a long time I was ashamed of my faith which is something that is extremely hard for me to admit.  It's never been "cool" to be a Christian but I have to say I am so sick and tired of being a poser.  I am ready to stand for what I believe in and I am going to let my little light shine!

I know there are going to be those haters and that is ok.  I am at an age where I know that you cannot please everyone and after years of exhausting myself trying to I am done!

I am going to start studying the book of Romans which I've been told is a wonderful place to begin when you start truly studying God's Word.  I am really excited to see where the Lord takes me on this journey.

Photo Credit
Stay tuned later for my goals for the week and hopefully some workout pics!  I'm trying to get myself psyched to start training again but my fear of getting hurt is huge and in this freezing weather we're having here talking me out of getting out of my sweats and away from my coffee is going to take a lot of persuading. ;)

No comments

Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

Back to Top