Employed No More

Life has came on me pretty hard and I have had some major turmoil.

The biggest cause for turmoil is I am no longer employed.  The decision was by my own choosing but it was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make in a long time.  My family relies on my income so me leaving my job was not something that was not taken lightly.

I left mainly for moral and ethical reasons.  I was being asked to do things that were unethical and I did not feel right doing what was asked of me so there was pretty much an ultimatum.  Either I complied or I left.  So I left.  I felt horrible not putting in my notice but just the thought of going back to that place one more time made me physically ill.  When a job starts to affect you both mentally and physically its time to bounce.  There are some things that money just cannot buy and health and happiness are two of those things.

This week has been a huge adjustment.  I feel like I've been in a daze.  My head is constantly hurting and I don't know what to do with myself.  My house is getting a lot cleaner and I love being able to drop off and pick up my boys but I am already feeling the financial pressure on me big time.  I would give more details but I promised my husband that I would not say much about it BUT if you are a prayer warrior our family could use a lot of prayer right now.  I'll just leave it at that.

So what now?

Well...I'm not 100% sure.  I really want to change careers completely and go back to school but financially there is just no way right now.  I'm debating on finding something else in my field or just get some meaningless whatever job to help get us by and go back to school part time.  If this was a perfect situation and we didn't rely so heavily on my income I would just go back to school and enjoy my kids and being a stay-at-home wife/mom but it doesn't look like its going to work out that way.

I am just praying and continuously giving it all to the Lord.  It's all too big for me.


No comments

Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

Back to Top