Stuck in the Middle with You

Today my baby is nine.  Not just my baby but my BABY baby.  He's the last child I will ever have and he is entering his last year in single digits and to say that this momma is a hot mess today is an understatement. 


Sure I put on a brave face and say "I love you" and sing "Happy Birthday" in every goofy way possible but this Momma heart is happy and sad all at the same time.

I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday.  It went about as perfect as could be (with the exception of the anesthesiologist running late and my epidural kicking in right after the final push...). Up to that point I had resented my pregnancy.  I was having "just another boy" and not the beautiful baby girl I had dreamed of.  Until the nurse put DJ in my arms for the first time and my heart melted. This little baby boy was my heart.  He was absolutely perfect.


Nine years later and I have to admit that he's an amazing boy.  He is so incredibly smart despite being autistic and overcomes every obstacle that comes his way with positivity and grace.  He has the biggest heart, the sweetest little laugh, and can instantly make me feel better without a single word.

When I have been my sickest he's been right by my side giving me strength and hope.  I am so thankful to be his Mama and thank God every day that he is mine here on this earth.

I love you DJ so much!  You have given me more than I could ever possibly give you and I hope that your birthday is as amazing as you are.  You're my Pickle now and forever and I love being Stuck in the Middle with You. ;) 

Love, 
Mommy

No comments

Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

Back to Top