Christmas Birthday

Please tell me why when I finally have some time to take care of what I need to take care of I get sick.  I was really sick a few weeks ago and finally was feeling like a normal human being last week.  My husband comes home last Tuesday complaining that he's not feeling good and everyone at his job is sick.  I played it safe and kept my distance, but this past Sunday it all hit me again.  So, here I am on my second round of antibiotics freaking out because Christmas is only a few days away and I have not finished everything I wanted to get done.

Before the sickness took me down for the count I was able to play with some of my new Verve goodies for a bit!!  I have several Christmas birthdays coming up and thought I'd make a simple birthday card with a little Christmas flair.


I have just a few scraps left of this wonderful Christmas paper from Stampin' Up! that I've had for years.  So long in fact, that I cannot for the life of me remember what it's called, but I vowed that I would use every scrap and I am happy to say that the scraps are nearing extinction.  Just a few cards or Project Life pieces and it will be gone!

This card is super simple but I love it!  I used one of the stamps from the Die Sidekicks set and cut it out using the Vintage Oval die.  I wanted something to highlight the sentiment so I cut out an Old Olive circle using a Classic Circle Nestability. The star and sentiment are from the Chevron Love set which I am in LOVE with!  The star is stamped in Old Olive and the sentiment in Chocolate Chip.  I added some bright red grosgrain ribbon and a few Swarovski jewels finish off this sweet, simple Christmas birthday card.

I still have so much to do and this cold (or whatever crud I have) is really cutting into my time!  I have family coming to stay with us and my house is a disaster but I'm still so excited they're coming.  I love presents but the time with family is so much more precious to me.  I just love this season!

Stamps: Chevron Love, Die Sidekicks (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Unknown DSP, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Banner Triple Punch (Stampin' Up!), Circle Nestability, Dimensionals, 
Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Swarovski Jewels, Vintage Oval Die (Verve Stamps)

2 comments

  1. Sorry your not feeling well. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

    The card is beautiful. Very nice using all your scraps. Yes i have several Christmas/newyear birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your not feeling well. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

    The card is beautiful. Very nice using all your scraps. Yes i have several Christmas/newyear birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

Back to Top