Viva la Birthday

I must say that both my boys have been such an inspiration to me this week.  I have started a challenge to help me lose weight and Eric has been an awesome motivator.  I am listening to my body and cannot do even an quarter of what the other women are but this round I am focusing more on what I'm eating and my mindset anyway.  Plus I figure any extra movement I'm doing is better than the nothing I've been doing and I'm getting time with my son, so it's a win-win.

Dylan has been my creative inspiration and I am happy to report that I actually have a card to show off!  He wanted to make a card for his cousin for his 12th birthday but then inspiration struck and Mom took over.



Once I saw what Dylan was wanting to do my mind was full of ideas.  I knew I wanted to play with the March Viva la Verve sketch, especially since TOMORROW is the last day to participate, and since my nephew is into horror movies and zombie games I thought the skull and crossbones from the Rockabilly designer paper (retired from Stampin' Up) would be perfect!  Since Kiwi Kiss is also a retired color from Stampin' Up I used several patterns from the Rockabilly paper pack to make sure everything coordinated.


Dylan wanted the number 12 to be somewhere on the front of the card so I pulled out my Large Number Framelit Dies and the coordinating Number of Years stamp set and played around with a few ideas until we decided on this design.  I used the Flourished Trim Die for the right edge and the Arrow Die as trinket of sorts over the Basic Black Bakers Twine.

I hope my nephew enjoys this card as much as we enjoyed making it for him.  I am crossing my fingers that he does not see this post before his birthday! ;)

Paper: Rockabilly DSP (SU-retired)
Accessories: Arrow Die and Flourished Trim Die (Verve Stamps)

1 comment

  1. Oh, this is just the PERFECT 12 year old boy card, Christi! I'm sure your nephew will like it. So glad you got a chance to play along with us at Viva la Veve this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

Back to Top