Easter Joy

I love Easter.  Being a Christian, there is the obvious reason of my Lord and Savior dying on the cross for my sins (the eternal hope: something I will never be able to be thankful enough for) but there is also the Easter egg hunts and family time.

With the boys being older, and me sharing them with their dad, Easter isn't what it used to be.  I think Dylan picked up on my sadness because he begged me Friday afternoon to help him stamp his first card.  Since I had new Verve Stamps to play with, and I have been in dire need of mojo lately, I thought it would be perfect.  Mother/son bonding and stamping while talking about what Easter is truly about is exactly what I needed.

I decided to try another go at a scrapbook page that I have had unfinished for over a month on my desk.  It was one of those pages that no matter what I did I could not get it to look the way I wanted it to.  I guess I was just waiting for the perfect stamp set and a special stamping buddy by my side for inspiration to strike.


When I first started this layout I was going for more of a coffee-themed layout but when I got the new Risen Savior set from Verve I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I wanted to show off the Coffee Break designer series paper but I also wanted the sentiments to shine as well and I think I accomplished that.


The sentiments in this set are amazing and not just for Easter, though the ones I chose for this layout are.  Each of the sentiments are stamped in Early Espresso and I added a little bling with some Pear Pizzazz ribbon, Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon, and metallic sequins.

After I put the finishing touches on my layout Dylan was practically jumping out of his seat he was so excited about making his first card!  I let him have full use of my March 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit to keep things easy for him.  I think he did a wonderful job!


This sentiment is also from the Risen Savior set but everything else (except the ribbon) is from the kit.  He even stamped the sentiment himself using Mama's new Stamparatus by Stampin' Up which he said was his favorite part.  And before you ask yes Mom helped tie the ribbon. ;) 


I asked him who he planned on giving his card to but he said he was so proud of his first card that he wanted to keep it as a memento.  This kid... :) 

He's already begging me to let him stamp again but his dad has him for the rest of this weekend so it'll have to wait but I loved the time that we got to spend together and it really made my Easter weekend that much more special.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and amazing Easter!  He is Risen indeed!

Stamps: Risen Savior (Verve Stamps)
Accessories: So Saffron Grosgrain Ribbon (SU-retired), Stitched Pennants Die Set (Verve Stamps)

1 comment

  1. Oh, how cool, Christi! I love your layout. And Dylan's card is so pretty. I'd totally want to keep it for myself if I were him, too! So glad you got some time together. Thanks for joining us for our Diva Inspiraitons challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

Back to Top