The Pain Is Real

I think I'm allergic to 2016.

Here are the facts: I ringed in the New Year with the flu and once I got over that did the 24 Day Challenge and felt great but a few days later I get that first sharp, familiar pain and now I am on day 7 of having one of the worst migraines I think I've ever had.



Nothing is helping!  I tried some samples of a powder that treats migraines that my doctor had given me awhile back but they barely takes the edge off.  I've been taking all the OTC meds I can for both migraine (which never help) and for allergies (thinking that might be the trigger) and trying to drink all the water I can stomach.  I've been in bed literally since last Thursday.  It's horrible.

I've missed meetings, birthday parties, and church so far.  Last night we had our Connect Group over so I had to clean the house as best as I could.  Thank goodness it wasn't too awful but still it was a major challenge.  I went to bed last night exhausted, in pain, and clenching my jaw and woke up again to pain.

I have found a lot of migraine support on Instagram and one of my friends on there has had a migraine the past 4 weeks!  I am praying I can beat it sooner than that...and praying for my friend.  Poor thing!

At least I don't have to suffer alone.  My sweet Reagan has been by my side the whole time...



I constantly live with a headache.  There is not a day that goes by that my head doesn't hurt.  I've had too many concussions and whiplashes apparently so headaches are apart of who I am.  I can deal with a headache.  A migraine is not just a headache...it's so much worse.  Along with stabbing pains in my temples (especially my left side) I also have horrible dizziness, brain fog, memory lapses, flashes of light, and waves of severe nausea.  It's awful.

I've been out of work all week but I can't miss anymore so I am going in today.  Thank goodness I work for a company that is sympathetic but I have missed so much work being sick this year that it scares me.  I don't think I would get fired but then again you never know.  Wish me luck!

To all my fellow migraine sufferers: my prayers are with you!

1 comment

  1. I'm sorry that you always feel bad. It seems like I never hear that you feel good. I pray that God will heal you from these ailments that you suffer from. I suffer along with you because I am your Mama. I would love to see you feeling good and enjoying life. My prayers are always with you and all my Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

Back to Top