The Magic of Christmas

Yesterday our church started a new series called The Magic of Christmas.  The whole church is decked out in twinkling lights and the excitement in the air is electric and almost tangible.  

Christmas is here.



Yesterdays message was What Is It About Christmas? which has been on my mind ever since.  I have Christmas music on in the car and this morning on my way to take the boys to school I heard Silent Night by Stevie Nicks.  It is by far my favorite version of Silent Night and right in the middle of the school parking lot tears start streaming down my face.  I apologies to my 10 year old son if I embarrassed you but when the vapors hit you what can you do? ;)

That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.



It truly is magical how a baby who was born in a manger could save the world...could save me.  I think about my life and the direction I was heading before I gave my life to Jesus.  Those thoughts alone bring fresh tears to my eyes...

I am so thankful that He never gave up on me not even for a second.  I am thankful that God became man and came to this earth to live the life that He did, to die the death that He did, and to rise again all just to save me.  Wow.

This Christmas my little family has decided to do things differently.  This year we are putting Jesus at the top of our Christmas list.  After all it is His birthday, right?  This year we are going to give more than we are going to receive.  We are going to love more and be more in the moment than we ever have been and cherish every second we have with our family and friends.  And through it all we are going to remember the One that is truly the reason for the season.

1 comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

Back to Top