Cooking To Keep Warm

It's officially winter in the metroplex!  I personally am not a fan of the cold which is the biggest reason I have never even considered moving up north.  Weather like "Icepocalypse 2013" as its quickly becoming known in these parts makes me even more thankful that I don't have to deal with this kind of cold too often. 

 

This is a shot of my front yard.  We really should have raked those leaves before this storm came through.  L is really not looking forward to the thaw. 


I got brave and made it to the corner of the house.  I only almost fell twice. ;)  As I'm taking these pictures a few idiots go speeding down the street.  Some people really do not have any consideration for themselves or others.


The kids begged me to go outside and play in the snow.  I tried to explain to them that this is not snow but ice and they weren't having it.  This is them "proving" that we have snow.  Gotta give them credit for persistence. ;) 

******

Anyone who knows me personally knows I hate cooking.  I've never liked it.  I will make every excuse in the book not to cook.  Lately for some reason I've been in the mood to cook.  I think my biggest motivation is when my house is frigid and the only source of warmth comes from the stove. 

I have fallen in love with SkinnyTaste!  Her recipes always look so amazing and I am always adding them to my Pepperplate app on my iPad Air.  I stalk follow her on Instagram and Twitter and have to say that her posts inspire me and make me want to love cooking.

Since we are "iced in" and I am freezing and craving soup I thought I'd try her Cream of Broccoli Soup.

I wish mine looked as pretty as hers but you know what?  Once you take a bite you forget all about the look and get all wrapped up in the taste.  Y-U-M!!!  

I have the most unhealthy family.  My husband and boys are all about anything that doesn't have a fruit or vegetable in it.  When E came in while I was cooking and asked what I was cooking he heard 'broccoli' and bailed.  Figures.  I told everyone they must take one bite and then make their decision.  Husband and my oldest actually ate it and liked it!  My youngest opted for a pb&j instead.  *sigh* Oh well...I tried.

I am SO thankful to Gina for helping me create something that is healthy AND 3 out of 4 people in my family actually like! It's a snow day miracle! :) 

No comments

Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

Back to Top