2014: A New Chapter

For those of you that do not already know I am a major bookworm.  I am usually reading at least 3-4 books all at the same time and they vary from Christian books to Stephen King and everything in between.  I am a huge history buff especially when it comes to the 1960's (thanks Dad!) and pretty much read anything about the Beatles, JFK, Vietnam, and the Civil Rights movement.  It amazes me how so much was going on at one point in time but that's a whole other blog post in itself! ;)

I say all of this about my bookwormness (is that a word???) because that is how I view my life...in chapters.  I have my childhood which is Chapter 1.  Then Chapter 2 is when my parents went through their divorce which was when I was 11.  Chapter 3 was those oh-so-fun teenage years, 4 was my first marriage and becoming my mom and of course Chapter 5 started April 20th when I married my LouLou. Granted there are sub-chapters in each major chapter and many of those sub-chapters begin January 1st.

Photo Credit


It's something about a new year that makes you reflect over the past year and celebrate the accomplishments and mourn the things that didn't go your way and people you've lost.  I am blessed to say that this year I have not lost anyone close to me.  My grandmother is not doing great so I have a feeling that 2014 I will not be able to say the same but for 2013 all my family and close friends are still here with me.  I have put another year in at my job and actually was promoted this year!  I married my best friend, paid off my car, and am on a path to being debt free very soon.

This year also brought some very hard things too.  The effects of my hysterectomy are almost too much to bear which is why I haven't been on here that much.

Since I last posted I have ballooned 25 pounds and this is without changing anything.  I've read a lot about it and apparently this is a thing but I hate it.  I have been beating myself up about it but it is what it is and I have to accept that I am starting 2014 almost 50lbs overweight.  It's also still a struggle that I will never have kids again.  I didn't realize how much having more kids meant to me until I was told I couldn't.  I struggle with it pretty much every day and pray with time that my wounds will heal.  I just hug the two little rugrats I have and enjoy the heck out of them!

I have also been working a TON of overtime which leaves little room for anything else but thank goodness our new guy starts next week which will help take some pressure off of me.

Photo Credit


I have high hopes for this next year.  I don't want to say 'resolutions' because that seems to jinx it somehow but my goals for this next year is to:

---->  Get back in the 130's!!
---->  Blog more! ;)
---->  Go back to school!
---->  Look more into figure competitions (one of my secret dreams)

I haven't decided if I want to focus more on a certification or go back for a degree but I am going to go back to some type of school.  I really want to focus on nutrition and would love to finally get my PT certification.  I have always wanted to compete in a figure competition but have been so chicken but I am hoping by the end of 2014 I can say that I've either competed or I am prepping for my first show.

Just saying a few of my goals gets me so pumped!!  This year is going to be awesome and I am so glad I am starting the new year with you guys!

See in you in 2014!!! xoxo

No comments

Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

Back to Top