Truth

Every year since 2016 I have had a word.  A word that I hold onto throughout the year.  A word that I prayerfully consider before choosing.  A word that I can meditate on throughout the year.  2016 my word was STRONG and strong was what I had to be to deal with everything I had to deal with that year.  For 2017, my word was FOCUS.  This word echoed in my mind every time my mind would wander to to all of the possibilities of my future these past few months.  It whispered to me many times, reminding me to live in the moment, when all I wanted to do was bury my head under the covers and get lost in my own self-pity.  

Normally when the clock strikes midnight, and another year has begun, I have my word already chosen.  When I woke up this morning I still did not know what my word was.  That is, until I came across this beautiful quote by Whitney Daugherty. (Photo Credit: String of Pearls)



For 2018 I am going to focus on TRUTH.  

Despite being a pretty positive person, I give into fear far too often.  I let my overactive imagination get the best of me, and put my focus on what's in my head, and not necessarily what is true.  Being pretty much immobile, my imagination has been running wild, and leading to anxiety attacks.  With everything that is going on with me, the last thing I need right now is to add another dimension to my illness, especially if this dimension is one that I have complete control over.  So, 


I am going to choose to focus on truth

The truth of knowing that God's got my back and Jesus is always by my side.  The truth of God's Word.


Photo Credit: Girl Got Faith

The truth that I am not alone in my battles.  I have so many family and friends that love me and are praying for me.  I must remember this when I am sitting here in pain and feeling alone.  It's so easy to feel forgotten, even when I know that's not true.  I have to hold onto TRUTH and not let my mind and emotions get the best of me.

Before I sign off, I wanted to say thank you SO much to everyone that has reached out to me since reading my last post of 2017.  It has encouraged me more than anyone knows.  I want you all to know how grateful I am for your prayers and support.  Please keep them coming!

Do do you have a word or a goal for 2018?  If so, comment below!  I'd love to know what's motivating you this new year and support you on your journey like you are supporting me. :) 

1 comment

  1. Truth! That is such a good choice. As you know I that terrible thing of being too much in my head. I pray along work you for Truth not lies that the devil puts in our minds. I know one truth is God is bigger than all this stuff we go through on this earth and one day we will be whole again. Until then I will keep my focus on knowing that God has it all in his hands.
    I am focusing on the here and now. Forgiving the pussy and letting it go giving it all top God. Just remember one for in front of the other. You cannot always look at the things that might be.
    Vision
    Vision is a good focus. I have a vision of healing mind body and soul. I have a vision of happiness. Choosing to be happy and content. A vision for my children to be happy healthy and safe.
    I'm right here with you baby girl. The truth will see is all free.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

Back to Top