Random Ramblings

Eric (my oldest) will be thirteen at the end of March, but if you were to put your ear up to our front door recently you would think that some selfish, uncaring yelling beast were inside.  What hurts is that this transformation practically happened overnight.  I went into the hospital in November with two sweet little boys and now that I am up and around more, and more aware of my surroundings, I see things so much clearer, and one thing I see is that I have lost one of my sweet, innocent little boys.


I hate it.  I hate it SO much!!!

Everyone keeps asking me how I'm doing.  How do I answer?  I'm not good at all.  Right now, my biggest issue with this illness is all the life that I feel like I am missing.  I lose days due to being in bed, curled up into a ball, crying and praying that the pain will stop.  Then there are days like today where I can tolerate the pain better but I still can't fully function.  It's frustrating when your mind is screaming at you to do something but your body won't cooperate.  I try to focus on the positive, but there are times that I can't focus on anything and instead just wallow in my sorrows.

I had a total meltdown yesterday afternoon.  I cried in the shower for almost 30 minutes, just sitting there letting the water wash over me, praying for God's grace to rescue me from this darkness that envelops me.  I don't know how how I'm ever going to make it through!

The men in my house don't understand what I'm going through emotionally.  They don't understand the tears or the sudden tantrums.  They want to fix it but there's nothing to fix.  It is what it is and there's nothing any of us can do about it.  We all just have to ride the waves and enjoy the good days and press on through the bad ones.  With a combination of Eric and me, and what we're both going through right now, I am seeing more bad days than good.  Having a teenager in the house is bad enough but then you add a sick and emotionally distraught mom, a diabetic preteen, and a husband who can't fix any of it and you've got a recipe for disaster.

On the days that I can handle it, I get lost in a book.  Thank you Jesus for good books!


Books have been my escape my entire life and today is no different than when I was a little girl.  A good book soothes my soul and, after the book I have just finished, reminds me that life could be a lot worse!

Keeping up with my book reviews has been what has kept me sane lately though I am learning to adjust how I read.  I don't comprehend things the way I used to and so on my bad days, if I feel up to reading, I have to take notes.  Otherwise, I truly can't remember what I read.  It's so frustrating and I can't read as quickly as I used to, but I am still thankful that I have the eyes to see the words on the page.  Not everyone has that choice.  My doctor says it's important to keep my brain active and so I fight the frustration and continue to read and write.

I also can't lose weight.  No matter what I do I can't lose and am actually gaining.  I've hit 225lbs.  It's the highest I've ever been in my life.  I am so ashamed.  I don't want anyone to see me like this!  At my next appointment I think I'm going to have them test my thyroid.  I've been watching my portions and what I'm eating, been up and mobile more than I have in months, and I'm steadily gaining.  It's hard not to beat myself up.  I feel ugly and gross.  I feel trapped in a body that I can't stand.  It's yet another thing I feel like I have absolutely no control over.


Right now, every aspect of my life is hard.  I don't write this to get sympathy but to let everyone know where I'm at right now.  I told myself I would be real and honest in this journey and I intend to stick by my words.  The photo above was taken a few weeks ago when we were on our way to see some friends.  I was actually trying to smile and no matter how many pictures I took I kept getting the same face.  I try to hide how I'm feeling the majority of the time but the eyes don't lie.  I wear my emotions on my face and I hate that.  I'd rather hide.

As far as videos, I have made a few but I am embarrassed to post them.  Watching myself makes me cringe!  Louie told me to get over it and post them but right now I just can't.  Maybe one day I will but right now I'm too raw.  It's too hard.

My next neurologist appointment is February 12th and I actually get to see the neurologist himself for the first time since my hospital stay.  He's had his own family issues and has been out of the office so I've been seeing the nurse practitioner up until now.  Hopefully we can get a game plan and I'll have more to report then.

Sorry for all the random rambling today!  I'd originally wanted to vent about me having a bratty teenager and then everything else just came out.  It feels good to write and get everything out there.

I only have one thing to ask today: please pray for my sanity.

4 comments

  1. Oh baby I feel your pain. I am constantly praying for you.I am writing this with tears in my eyes. I love you so dearly and absolutely hate that you are having to go through this. Just remember that I love you and you are always in my heart. God know your needs and I'm believing for your answers for healing and his grace.
    Love you forever my beautiful daughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mama! I can feel your prayers and hugs from afar. Miss you and love you! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh, my heart goes out to you, Christy! Wish I could fix even one little part to make your load lighter! Try to be patient with your son. My mom and I were in a car accident when I was 12 and a half and she was thrown from the car. She broke half the bones in her body, had a punctured lung and concussion that took most of her short term memory and changed our very existence. I still remember climbing out of the wreckage, finding her unconscious, face down in the dirt, and being sure she was dead. The emotions and goosebumps are still so strong thinking about it 30 years later. I didn't know how to cope with my feelings, so I'm sorry to say I took my frustration out on my Mom. I was really angry about not being able to help her, and that she couldn't remember or do simple things, then guilty about feeling so mad at her for something she couldn't help. It was a whirlwind of emotion, all wound up with pre-teen hormones. Recipe for disaster, indeed. I'm sure he's still your sweet little boy inside and will eventually come through this stronger and more compassionate. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Julee I am so sorry that you and your mother had to go through that! I cannot even begin to imagine. It is my prayer that both my boys will be stronger, compassionate, and closer to the Lord after we make it through this ordeal. I do know that he is struggling with seeing me like this and I'm sure it's hard for him to convey his feelings. We've always been so close and to feel like there is a rift between us is so painful but I know it won't always be like this. Thank you so much for your comment and your friendship. It means so much to me. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

Back to Top