Still Holding Onto Summer

Every fall it never fails.  I end up getting super sick and disappear for a few weeks.  This year is no exception.  I was in the hospital this past week for a kidney stone and apparently another one is on the way.  I know I'm on 35 but my body is acting like its much older.  It's hard to deal with but I know the Lord is using this time to grow my faith so even though I pray for healing I am ok that so far the answer has been, "Not yet."

The whole time I've been sick I have been itching to stamp so once I felt up to it I decided to make a simple little note card that proves I am still holding onto summer (at least in the stamping sense).


I've had the Berries & Cherries set from Taylored Expressions for years but have only inked it up a few times which is insane because cherries are my everything.  Fun Fact: My husband even nicknamed me CherryPie because of my obsession with them.  True story.

I'm really trying to use a lot of my older patterned paper and found this retired one by Stampin' Up! and I cannot for the life of me remember the name but I've always loved this color combo.  The card is a 3x3 and I was really going for a picnic look to it.  The whole thing makes me think of summer which is usually my favorite season but this year I am so glad fall is here.  This summer was rough and I am thankful its over.  I am on to bigger and better things. ;)

This card is super simple but I simply love it and I LOVE that I got a little stamping therapy in!  It's been WAY too long.

I'll be back later this week with another book review and hopefully more eye candy. :)

No comments

Thank you so much for stopping by! xo

Back to Top